2/07/2007

Susan

I'm on day 2 without any pop and it really sucks. Before when I gave up pop it was because of high blood pressure, to lose weight for my wedding, because I was having really bad heartburn or because I would have pain in my stomach - all of which I associated with drinking pop. But just giving it up now is hard. I keep thinking - what's wrong with just one a day?
Yesterday I was so exhausted, I wanted a coke so bad, I had a headache and I just thought if I had a coke it would go away. I've had this feeling before - when I quit smoking! It should be illegal to make substances so addictive!
So I haven't exercised since Saturday. I haven't weighed myself in a while either. I think giving up pop will be my one and only goal this week. If I exercise I think that will just be a bonus. My skinny friend is coming to stay at my house tonight. Maybe I'll force her to try on my clothes so I can see them hang on her like a tent, then I'll really be motivated on the weight loss!

1 comment:

The Brookharts said...

Well, I don't know what you're talking about...I didn't spend the night last night ;)

Good job on no pop. It's SOOOO hard. This is going on 5 weeks and I've almost caved 2 or 3 times this week. Why is it so hard. Sometimes I will drink juice instead. Although I know it has as many calories as pop...I'm not addicted to it and there's no caffeine.